Saturday 23 March 2013

Priyadarshan pushed me out of my comfort zone: Vijay Verma


Priyadarshan pushed me out of my comfort zone: Vijay Verma
Vijay Verma, who plays a pivotal role in Priyadarshan's Rangrezz claims that it's important to get a good director to make sure that each person in his film gets importance.

On being asked about his experience with Priyadarshan, Vijay said, "He has pushed me out of my comfort zone and widened both my approach and scope as an actor. He has put in immense faith in me and my part Pakya) and that is incredibly gratifying. He is a maestro who knows how to work with all kinds of actors with all kinds of temperament. I feel uplifted and fuller as an actor after working with Priyan sir."

Does it become difficult to leave an impact by playing second lead or a character role in any flick? "It becomes difficult only when the director does not give you the space and significance that the role deserves in that story. You may easily be called a sidekick if the director approaches your character as a sidekick. That's the beauty with directors like Anurag Kashyap or Priyan sir, every character that appears on screen in their films has so much of a background and depth to them," answered Vijay.

"You can see the amount of love and respect that the director has for these people whose lives are unfolding on screen. It also happened in Rangrezz. Priyadarshan sir is a team player and he loves every character in his film and shows them in the best light," concluded Vijay.

No comments:

Post a Comment